How do I find a breast prosthesis?
There are many styles and types of prosthesis and you will probably want to experiment over time to find what is right for you. You can buy bras specially designed for holding prosthesis but any bra can have a ‘sleeve’ or ‘pocket’ sewn into it for a prosthesis. There are varying ‘weights’ and materials for prosthesis, depending on your comfort. Some are able to stick to your skin like a post-it note, not leaving any residue. Some are better for bathing suits while some are better for hot weather.
Here is our list of local providers that our participants have used and recommend. This is not meant to be a complete list and is not a judgment of those not listed:
- Address: 3637 Medina Road, Suite 130 Medina
- Phone: 330-723-8880
- Website: http://www.elegantessentialsonline.com/
- Address: 4630 Richmond Road, Suite 265 Warrensville Heights
- Phone: 216-831-2048
- Website: http://www.ida-joy.com/
Discount Drug Mart
- Address: Various locations, visit the website or call for the nearest one.
- Phone: 1-800-434-9440
- Website: discount-drugmart.com
Next To Me Intimate Apparel
- Address: 8920 Mentor Ave. Mentor
- Phone: 440-974-0900 or 866-820-BRAS
- Website: www.nexttomeintimateapparel.com
Medical Solutions and Supplies
- Address: 22916 Lorain Road Fairview Park, Ohio 44126
- Phone: 440-801-1563
- Any Nordstrom will sew a pocket in any new bra you purchase from their store for $12.
- Address: Call your local store to make an appointment with a prosthesis specialist.
- Phone: Nordstrom at Beachwood Place: 216-378-2121
FREE post-surgical camisole: The United Breast Cancer Foundation and the Cancer Resource Foundation have teamed to offer women a free SOFTEE TWO recovery camisole for low-income women. This camisole has two soft light-weight removable breast forms and ‘kangaroo’ pokets to hold drains. Applications are only accepted online at http://1sourceapp.org/
The resources and information given by our staff is NOT an endorsement of those individuals or practices. Staff members do not provide medical advice or assistance. We make every attempt to stock current, legitimate health-related materials. Opinions offered in writing or in lectures do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Gathering Place staff or Board of Trustees. We receive no fee for maintaining lists of resources and information. It is the responsibility of anyone utilizing this information to fully research the resources provided.