Community Based Fundraisers
The Gathering Place is regularly approached by people in the community who would like to raise money to support our mission. In addition to the money we receive, each of these events also introduces new people to The Gathering Place. We are very appreciative of all the individuals and organizations who help to make these events possible. If you would like to host/organize a fund raising event contact Sara Orlowski or call (216) 455-1519. Below is a list of upcoming and ongoing community based fundraisers:
The 2013 ‘It’s Not About Winning the Quilt!’ Raffle
- An elaborate, hand-made, queen-sized quilt is on display at The Gathering Place until the end of December
- Raffle tickets to win the quilt are available until December 20th
- The quilt was crafted by Nora Brant in memory of her daughter, Meghan R. Brant, who passed away due to ovarian cancer at 26 years old
- Proceeds from the raffle will benefit The Gathering Place; University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center and Geauga Medical Center; and OutRun Ovarian Cancer
- Raffle tickets are $1 or 6 for $5 and can be purchased in person at The Gathering Place or by mail. Click this link for details
Chico’s December Holiday Style Event
- Dec 19th from 10am to 9pm
- Chico’s at Beachwood Place is hosting a Holiday Style Event with 30% off purchases, informal modeling and refreshments from Maggianos
- 10% of sales will benefit The Gathering Place
- Call Tabatha Gable at 216-831-6030 with questions
- Chico’s at Beachwood Place Mall is located at 26300 Cedar Road
Beachwood, OH 44122
Lulu’s Yogurt with a Twist is a frozen yogurt shop in Hudson that offers a healthy choice for dessert. They donate a percentage of profits to The Gathering Place throughout the year. LuLu’s Yogurt with a Twist is Your Healthy Choice for fun and excitement.
The Rock Pile is a local landscape supply yard combined with a garden center and bird feeding specialty shop. Their program, Fundraising that Rocks is a year-round program that allows customers to designate a local organization to support through their purchases. A total of 5% before tax of every retail priced purchase will be donated to the cause or organization of the customer’s choosing. Just mention The Gathering Place, and we will receive 5% of your purchase price!
VANITYLAB Salon.Spa.Shop, 24945 Detroit Road Westlake, is the home of Sparkle, a year round artisan jewelry festival featuring the work of more than 50 local Cleveland artists. Visit VANITYLAB to see all of the unique jewelry. A portion of the proceeds from Sparkle benefits The Gathering Place. Call 216-849-2636 for more information.
Laurello Vineyards, 4573 State Rt. 307 East, Harpersfield Township, Geneva, hosts a delicious dinner event called Pasta for the Place every Thursday from 3:00-7:00. Enjoy penne pasta with their homemade sauce, sweet Italian sausage, a side salad and bread for $7.00. Just add a glass of Laurello wine for a truly relaxing experience. All proceeds from these dinners will benefit The Gathering Place. Visit Laurello Vineyard’s website to learn about the vineyard and how they support The Gathering Place.
Thank you to everyone who has raised money for The Gathering Place through these community based fundraisers. If you are interested in hosting your own event, please contact Sara Orlowski, Special Events Assistant, at email@example.com or call (216) 455-1519.